NSF Scholarship for Service::
We are accepting scholarship applications from US Citizens for the National Science Foundation Scholarship for Service program. Graduate students and students in the accelerated/4+1 degree program (CS/ECE) who are U.S. citizens are eligible to apply. Applicants who are not currently enrolled at Binghamton University should also meet the application deadlines of Binghamton University and submit additional materials required for the university-level admission process.
Detailed information about SFS scholarships and the application procedure
Other Significant Projects
- Directvisor: Virtualization for Bare-metal Cloud (VEE 2020)
- Multi-Hypervisor Virtual Machines
- Live Virtual Machine Migration
- Container-Level Address Space
- Virtualization Privacy and Security
- XenLoop: Inter-VM Network Loopback (HPDC 2008)
- XCo: Explicit Coordination to Prevent Data Center Network Congestion (HPDC 2010)
- MemX: Virtualization of Cluster-wide Memory (VTDC 2007, ICPP 2010)
- MiNT-2: A Miniaturized Testbed for Wireless Network Protocol Testing and Evaluation
Selected Publications: (Click here for a complete list)
ContainerVisor: Customized Control of Container Resources
Fast and Live Hypervisor Replacement.
Live Migration Ate My VM: Recovering Virtual Machine from Failure of Post-Copy Live Migration,
Overcoming Virtualization Overheads for Large VCPU Virtual Machines
HyperFresh: Live Refresh of Hypervisors Using Nested Virtualization
Multi-hypervisor Virtual Machines, Enabling an Ecosystem of Hypervisor-level Services
USENIX ATC 2017.
Enabling Efficient Hypervisor-as-a-Service Clouds with Ephemeral Virtualization,
Agile Live Migration of Virtual Machines,
Scatter-Gather Live Migration of Virtual Machines,
In IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, September 2015.
Privacy-preserving Virtual Machines
, ACSAC 2015.
Gang Migration of Virtual Machines using Cluster-wide Deduplication,
SPARC: A Security and Privacy Aware Virtual Machine Checkpointing Mechanism,
ACM CCS Workshop on Privacy in the Electronic Society (WPES) 2011, full paper.
Live Gang Migration of Virtual Machines,
MemX: Virtualization of Cluster-wide Memory,
XCo: Explicit Coordination to Prevent Network Fabric Congestion in Cloud Computing Cluster Platforms,
Post-Copy Live Migration of Virtual Machines,
SIGOPS Operating Systems Review, 2009.
Post-Copy Based Live Virtual Machine Migration Using Adaptive Pre-Paging And Dynamic Self-Ballooning,
, VEE 2009.
XenLoop : A Transparent High Performance Inter-VM Network Loopback,
Recent professional service:
- Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC)
- Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS)
- Track co-chair for ICDCS 2022 - Distributed Operating Systems and Middleware Track
- Track co-chair for IEEE NAS 2022 - Networking Track
- TPC of VEE 2022
- TPC of HPDC 2022
- TPC of ICDCS 2021
- TPC of HPDC 2021
- TPC of IPDPS 2021